Thesis titles from the 41 Horizon CDT graduates who have successfully passed their PhD vivas so far are listed below. Congratulations to our CDT students on their achievements!
2009 Cohort – 15 graduates
- Dr Ragad Al-lwihan – Investigating Methods of Capturing and Sharing Experience during Field Trip to Support Students Activity
- Dr Jimmy Chim – An Interpretive Investigation of Trust and Workflow in Advertising
- Dr Antony Cousin – A study of principles for Attendee Mobile Applications in venue-based experiences
- Dr Jo Cranwell – Inhibition Training using Smartphone Technology.
- Dr Mark Dimond – Journey Extraction for Route Prediction
- Dr Ewa Luger – Consent Reconsidered: Reframing ‘Consent’ for Ubiquitous Computing Systems
- Dr Robert Mitchelmore – The usefulness of case in building plastic user interfaces
- Dr Gilad Rosner – Identity Management Policy and unlinkability: A comparative case study of the US and Germany.
- Dr Mike Golembewski – Modelmaking and Process Activities, Artists Tools and Models of Art
- Dr Rachel Jacobs – The Artist’s Footprint: Investigating the Distinct Contributions of Artists Engaging the Public with Climate Data.
- Dr Claudia Krehl – In Search of a Multimodal Mobile Interface that Supports Multitasking on the Move.
- Dr Sam Meek – Line of Sight Modelling for Query and Annotation of the Remote Landscape.
- Dr William Preston – Attack Points for Pedestrian Navigation in Augmented Reality.
- Dr Mark Selby – Experimental Manufacturing: Designing Digitally Augmented Objects to Support Personal Reflection on the Past
- Dr Emily Webber – Strategy Differences in the use of Mobile Devices for Navigation
2010 Cohort – 12 graduates
- Dr Edward Anstead – Many Screen Viewing: Collaborative consumption of Television Media across Multiple Devices
- Dr Anthony Brown – Domesticating Home Networks
- Dr Christopher Carter – Understanding the Professionally Risky Behaviour of Young Adults upon Social Media
- Dr John Harvey – An Economic Anthropology of Computer-Mediated Non-Monetary Exchange in England
- Dr Adrian Hazzard – Guidelines for Composing Locative Soundtracks
- Dr Annika Hupfeld – Designing the Social Life of Books and E-Books
- Dr Mark Iliffe – The Praxis of Community Mapping in Developing Countries
- Dr Abdur Rahman – The influence of Social Identity when digitally sharing location
- Dr Julian Rosser – Constrained modelling of building interiors
- Dr Jianhua Shao – Strategic Signals in the App Economy
- Dr Mercedes Torres – Automatic image annotation applied to habitat classification
- Dr Min Zhang – An Investigation of Query-by-Drawing Image Search on Mobile Devices
2011 Cohort – 8 graduates
- Dr Paul Brindley – Generating Vague Geographic Information through Data Mining of Passive Web Data
- Dr Jacob Chapman – Multi-Agent Stochastic Simulation of Occupants in Buildings
- Dr Lesley Fosh – Designing Personalised Visiting Experiences for Groups in Museums
- Dr Chrisminder Hare – Designing for Naturalistic Decision-Making
- Dr Martin Kruusimägi – Designing the user experience of spatiotemporal automated home heating system: A holistic design an implementation process
- Dr Michaela Murphy (Nee Hoare) – Lost in the Noise: DIY Amateur Musical Practice in a Digital Age
- Dr Daniel Ratzinger – The impact of University Education upon Digital Start-ups
- Dr James Sprinks – Designing Task Workflows to ensure the best Scientific Outcomes in Citizen Science
2012 Cohort – 6 graduates
- Dr Dimitrios Darzentas – The lives of Objects: Designing for Meaningful Things
- Dr Sam Howard – Exploring perception towards Electronic Monitoring Devices for Asthma management
- Dr Richard James – Does mobile gambling attract or create problem gamblers?
- Dr William Knight – Can Hacktivism be understood as the performance of collective digital identity?
- Dr Horia Maior – Real-time physiological measure and feedback of workload using Functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy (fNIRS).
- Dr Lachlan Urquhart -Towards user-centric regulation: Exploring the interface between Information Technology Law and Human Computer Interaction.
Further titles will be added here as Horizon CDT students successfully pass their PhD vivas.
Last updated: 13 December 2017