You can read a selection of our CDT alumni case studies from the Horizon Doctoral Training Centre 2009-2012 cohorts below.
The case studies include information on:
- CDT research themes and areas
- successes, outputs and research impact
- internship placements and projects
- next destinations for our alumni and what they are doing now.
In June 2017, Horizon Digital Economy Research produced an Impact Highlights publication, which features both Horizon CDT current students, and also our alumni that have gone on to secure employment with Horizon, as case studies within the brochure.
Horizon CDT Alumni Case Studies
- Dimitrios Darzentas – Mixed Reality Storytelling: Researching the digital footprint of wargaming miniatures
- Dr Sam Howard – Investigating the attitudes of adolescents and healthcare professionals towards electronic monitoring devices for Asthma
- Dr Horia Maior – Integration of non-invasive brain monitoring devices
- Dr Lachlan Urquhart – Information Privacy by Design cards
- Dr Michaela Murphy – Exploring how amateur musicians use digital technologies to facilitate professional music creation and distribution
- Dr Jo Cranwell – Using smartphone technology for digital innovation in psychological response training
- Dr Mark Dimond – Advancing GPS technology with novel insights into pedestrian route prediction
- Dr Michael Golembewski – Developing sound mixing applications for multi-touch devices
- Dr Rachel Jacobs – Investigating public engagement contributions by Artists with international climate data
- Dr Ewa Luger – Consent reconfigured: The relationship between Humans and Computers and Privacy Expectations for Systems Design
- Dr Gilad Rosner – Policy impacts: CDT graduate launches UK Internet of Things Privacy Forum
- Dr Mark Selby – Experimental manufacturing with digital augmented objects